On 8th September International literacy day, The Lions of Bushenyi and Mbarara celebrated the day in style.
As planned both parties converged at Nyabutobo primary school in Sheema District, 42 km on Bushenyi Road, armed with study and teaching materials for donation to the school. Both PTA and Management committee members, staff and pupils received us very well. The following items were successfully mobilized and delivered from Lions Club of Bushenyi,
• 2 playing foot balls
• 3 Box of Chalk
• 8 dozen Ex books • 3 classroom wall clocks
• 10 blackboard dusters
• ACarton manilla
• Counter books
• A Box and 1 dozen pens The following items were delivered from Mbarara Lions:
• A carton of 48 pages ex books (480 pcs)
• 5 packets of pens (250 pens)
• Two and half gross of pencils ( 30 doz= 360 pencils)
• 10 black board dusters
• 24 packs of crayons
• 1 ream of duplicating papers
• 2 dozen of Mathematical sets (coffer= 24 pieces)
• 1 wall clock well labeled donated by LIONS OF MBARARA
• 2 kgs of sugar • A carton of chalk ( donated by non lion staff Sharon of Mbarara High School)
• Another 2 boxes of chalk
• packets of sweets (160 sweets)
• Bundles of newspapers used in the recent past.
• Used nursery books and Toto vision books.
The total donation was estimated in the range of 0.8 m. Mbarara Lions contributed about shs 450.000 where as Bushenyi’s Contribution was worth Ug Shs 0.3M. Later in the day and next day, Radio West aired the activity. In the world of Service.