The training seminar to chalk out strategy for membership growth of District 411B was carried out on 7th April 2013 at Patel Brotherhood Hall.The training was led by PID Dr. Manoj Shah who said that quality members have to be committed and diligent. “Activities carried out based on good vision, planning and focus will always yield successful results,” said Dr. Manoj.PDG Lion Pape, PCC Lion Murtaza, Lion Amarprit and Lion Shezan further imparted great knowledge on the following: Africa on the run towards independent constitutional area. This will give board status, more funding opportunities and recognition.· Africa strategy is to increase membership;
· Area that clubs need to focus on:
o Improve club experience
o Improve service projects
o Support to existing clubs and members
o Membership growth
· Tanzania case study advised need to improve:
o 17 clubs and 469 members covering country of 45ml
o 664 members were added and 689 were dropped
o 8 clubs cancelled
· International Dues:
o 2012/2013 - $41
o 2013/2014 - $ 43
· Multiple District Dues: $3 used for Council travel, PR and meetings
· District Dues: $22
· Club recommended to have 26 charter members while minimum was 20;
· Members urged to go online, carry out courses and embark on Certified Guiding Lions course.
· Clubs extension to be given priority. This will achieve networking, leadership opportunities, recognition and delivery of services.
· Africa population noted to be just under a billion with only 23,500 Lions to serve.
· Signature Projects (Kenya examples) emphasised to attract more members and club focus.
|Lion Pape encouraged Q and A session|
|Women membership seems to be lagging - Lion Amarprit|